Altered stamps? What do you mean . . . altered stamps? First of all, I get so stinkin’ excited when I learn any new tip and this one to alter my Merry Little Labels stamp by cutting it apart is no exception! (And you don’t have to be in an altered state to do so, maybe just willing to take a risk!) Because I was willing to literally cannibalize my stamp . . . it has become more versatile to me! (Thank you fellow demonstrator, Terri Gaines, for this great idea!) Hence, you’ll want to check out my video below to see how so you, too, can alter yours!
First, I have to share what happened the day I was working on this card! It’s just so crazy! I had just finished making 20 of them to mail out and was literally running up stairs to grab my phone to photograph them before putting them in envelopes. I was stopped in my tracks as this was what I saw out my window. This lovely family of 3 were crossing my backyard! If only I had had my phone when I came out of my office . . . mama was actually only a few feet from my lower level and was looking right at me! I was able to be stealthy enough to sneak back down with my phone to snap a few photos before they sneaked back out the corner of my yard! Just one of the perks of working from home!
Dimensions & Directions for Altered Stamp Masculine Card:
- Basic Black cardstock . . . 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, folded for card base
- Plus 1/2″ x 4″ strip for front
- Plus 1-3/4″ x 3″ piece for layering mat
- Whisper White cardstock . . . two, 4″ x 5-1/4″ (one for front, one for insert)
- Use the Big Shot to emboss with Woodland Embossing Folder for card front
- Stamp deer (from Carols of Christmas) with Memento Black Ink in lower right corner of insert
- Adhere embossed piece to card base and insert inside card
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper (Old Olive/Black plaid) . . . 2″ x 4″ (you’ll get 18 from one sheet!)
- Old Olive cardstock scrap for trees . . . 2-1/2 square
Complete instructions for altering your stamp and completing the card in my video below!
If you’re reading my blog post in your email, click here to view the video!
What do you think? Will you be brave enough (or crazy enough) to alter your stamp(s)?
Stampin’ Supplies for Altered Stamp Masculine Card
Maybe you’re bundle crazy like me! If you are, you’ll notice that I used not just one, but two bundles to make this card . . . the Merry Little Labels Bundle and the Carols of Christmas Bundle! Rather than pay full price by purchasing individually, why not save 10%!
Be sure to check out all the amazing promotions going on right now! (Some end on October 10th, so be sure to take a look!)
Click here to download the Buy 3, Get 1 Free flyer!
Click here to download the World Card Making Day flyer!
Click here to learn more about the Season of Style Paper Pumpkin promotion!
Click here to download the Merry Patterns Host Promotion flyer!