I had so much fun using the Colorful Seasons Bundle for the first time! I’ve used my favorite die from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies (the Adirondack chair)! I have one just like it at the lake and it’s my absolute favorite place to sit on a sunny day! (Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I’m looking at the lake when I am!)
I was inspired by a card I received in a swap from fellow Minnesota demonstrator, Dena Lenneman. I knew I wanted to use her idea right away because of that red chair! I always like to change a little something on the cards I CASE (copy and share everything). As I studied her card, I wondered to myself, “I wonder if I added clouds in the background?” I’ve used the cloud framelits (both with and without the stamps) from the Up & Away Thinlits on many of my cards, but I decided that would be a bit much on this card. I wanted something a little more subtle and soft. That led me to make my stencil and add my clouds with a sponge dauber and White Craft Ink. I think they’re perfect . . .
Dimensions & Directions:
- Early Espresso cardstock . . . 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for mat
- Soft Sky cardstock . . . 5-1/4″ x 8-1/8″, fold for card base
- Create stencil for clouds
- Crumb Cake cardstock . . . 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Tear away approx. 1/2″ from one long edge (more details in video above)
- Stamp with splatter from Touches of Texture stamp set using Crumb Cake Ink
- Adhere to card front
- Use the Big Shot with framelits from the Seasonal Layers to cut Adirondack chair from Real Red cardstock scrap and the glass/straw from Crushed Curry cardstock scrap
- Adhere chair to card front
- Stamp glass/straw on card front with Bermuda Bay Ink
- Trim away straw from glass/straw die cut
- Adhere over stamped image with liquid glue
- Stamp greeting with Early Espresso Ink
- Adhere card base to Early Espresso mat
I had so much fun creating this card! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Go ahead and add the Colorful Seasons Bundle to your wish list! It’s so versatile! While you’re at it, don’t forget that you can get a head start on your Christmas projects this month with the early release of the Carols of Christmas Bundle!
Click here to shop with me online 24/7!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin’