I’m feeling pretty good about having Christmas card ideas already! Now is the perfect time to be thinking about it so you have plenty of time for making! I used the Carols of Christmas Bundle, which you can get NOW before the Holiday catalog goes live on September 1st! Why not give yourself extra time to get your Christmas cards finished? I’m actually working on mine at the lake while I have the time!
I do want to give credit where credit is due! My inspiration for the card I’m sharing today came from an idea shared by my stampin’ bestee, Julie Salva! Julie has many talents and creating quick and easy cards is one of them! (I tend to complicate things a bit, as I have with my version of Julie’s card.) Instead of using ribbon to embellish mine, I added the night sky and an extra Silver Glimmer tree. I also want to share one of Julie’s other talents and that is her gift for writing . . . inspirational writing to be exact! You can check out her latest writing here on her blog. I’m certain that you’ll be encouraged when you do!
Dimensions & Directions:
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ for card base
- Fold in half for card base
- Night of Navy cardstock . . . 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Use the Big Shot to cut the night sky thinlit (stars and moon thinlit from the Card Front Builder Dies) at the top of Night of Navy piece
- 2nd Whisper White cardstock . . . 3″ x 3″
- Stamp greeting with Night of Navy Ink
- Use the Big Shot to cut out with the largest circle from Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Adhere to card front with Dimensionals
- Silver Glimmer Paper . . . 1-1/2″ strip to place behind stars & moon cut out and enough scraps for the trees
- Use the Big Shot to cut out the trees (thinlits from the Card Front Builder Dies)
- Use Liquid Glue or Glue Dots to adhere silver glimmer behind the stars & moon cut out
- Use Dimensionals to adhere trees to card front
- Adhere Night of Navy card front to Whisper White card base with Dimensionals
- Add silver star (from Metallic Enamel Shapes Asst) to Whisper White circle
I love this card! The Big Shot does all the work . . . basically all that’s left is assembly!
Now is a great time to add the Carols of Christmas Bundle to your list! Available NOW as an early release from the upcoming Holiday catalog . . . no need to wait another month when the catalog goes live!
Click here to shop with me online 24/7!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin’