I'm super excited to share with you today! I used both dies from the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies to make a really fun birthday card! The Party Pop-Up Dies make the inside of the card as much fun as the inside!
I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest and simply added a layer of black behind the "Hip Hip Hooray" word bubble. I really like how it made the words pop! Don't you?
Here it is from another angle.
Check out the fun confetti on the inside of the card! I saved the pieces from the die cut and adhered them with the Fine-tip Glue Pen. For interest I added a single stamped candle to the cake. Super fun!
Here's a closer look at the details.
You'll find another card idea here as well as a quick video from Stampin' Up! to help you get started!
Thanks for checking back for the details of this card! If you haven't yet, I highly recommend watching the video for the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies!
Dimensions & Directions:
For card outside:
- Basic Black cardstock . . . 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", folded
- It's My Party Designer Series Paper Stack . . . cut two 1/2" x 5-1/2" strips from one black print
- Adhere to edges of card front
- Crushed Curry cardstock . . . 3-1/2" x 4-1/4"
- Cut out "Hip Hip Hooray" with Party Pop-Up Thinlit (save confetti for card inside)
- Basic Black cardstock . . . 2-1/2" x 4"
- Adhere behind Crushed Curry "Hip Hip Hooray"
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 3-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- Baker's Twine . . . 22", wrap around Whisper White piece and tie in bow at top
- Adhere to card front
- Adhere "Hip Hip Hooray" with Dimensionals
- Stamp sentiment below it with Memento Black Ink
- You'll want to wait until you finish and adhere card insert before adding It's My Party Enamel Dots to card front
For card inside:
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 5-1/8" x 8", score at 4"
- Use birthday cake die to cut center pop-up
- Stamp sentiment with Memento Black Ink
- Adhere card insert to card front
- Use Fine-tip Glue Pen to adhere Crushed Curry confetti
- Stamp candle with Melon Mambo ink on white scrap
- Punch out with coordinating punch
- Adhere candle to cake
If you're lucky enough to live near me, you can sign up to come to Tips & Tricks class this Thursday (Feb 11th) and make your own!
You'll definitely want to purchase the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies and the Party with Cake stamp set as a bundle and save 15%!
LOVE A GREAT DEAL? You can save on even more great Stampin' Up! bundles here!
LOVE AN EVEN BETTER DEAL? Purchase the ultimate bundle . . . the Stampin' Up! starter kit!
- Choose $155 of Stampin' Up! products for ONLY $99 . . . and it ships for FREE!
- That's $56 FREE!
- Enjoy a 20% discount on all purchases through July!
- NO strings attached . . . really!
- Click here to learn more or to purchase your ultimate Stampin' Up! bundle! (Tip: Have your list of $155 ready when you do!)
Just want to shop? My store is open 24/7! Don't forget that you'll earn one FREE Sale-a-bration Reward for every $50 you spend!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'