The card I'm sharing today is one I completed after attending Stampin' Up! OnStage in November. (True confession time . . . sometimes they don't ever get completed, so I'm just a tad bit excited that I have one to show you!) We used the Going Places product suite to make part of the card at the event, so it was fun to add my own touch to it when I got home! We used the World Traveler Embossing Folder in a different way to add a background to the Sahara Sand cardstock with ink rather than using it to emboss it!
You can see the impression of the embossing folder closer to the bottom on the card front. This was created by opening the folder and gently dabbing the Sahara Sand Classic Ink Pad directly over the inside of the folder behind the Sizzix label. Set your cardstock inside and randomly rub over the outside of the folder. Open and "voila", you've got a fun background.
If you were wanting the directions & dimensions for the card I shared yesterday, they're there today! Check it out!
Dimensions & Directions:
- Basic Black cardstock . . . 4-1/2" x 11", score at 5-1/2" and fold
- Sahara Sand cardstock . . . 4" x 5-1/4"
- See directions above for first step of background
- Randomly stamp "you mean the world to me" with Sahara Sand Ink (I stamped a second time without re-inking to get another depth of color)
- Randomly stamp the big dipper with Memento Black Ink
- Adhere to card front
- Going Global Designer Series Paper
- Black print . . . 1-1/2" x 4-3/4" . . . adhere to card front
- Delightful Dijon print . . . 3/4" x 4-1/4" . . . adhere to card front
- Lost Lagoon print . . . stamp globe with Lost Lagoon Ink
- Punch out with 2" Circle Punch
- Adhere to card front with Dimensionals
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 1/2" x 3"
- Stamp "I'm lost . . . " sentiment with Memento Black Ink
- Trim ends into "V"
- Adhere to card with Dimensionals
- Gold Baker's Twine . . . 22"
- Wrap around card twice and tie once
- Gold Sequin Trim . . . 4", lay over half knot
- Tie baker's twine a second time into a knot
- Use Paper Piercing tool to fray Gold Baker's Twine
- Add 3 single Gold Sequins to card front with Fine-tip Glue Pen
You can find another fun card featuring the Going Places product suite here!
I do love finding more ways to use the tools I have! How about you? Have you tried using any of your embossing folders to create a background with ink? It's easy and gives you another way to use them!
The products in the Going Places product suite are super for making masculine cards! Does anyone else struggle with that? It seems I must be more intentional to make a guy card once in a while! They are so nice to have on hand!
You only have until next Monday, February 15th, to get some of the FREE selections of Sale-a-bration! Be sure to check them all out here! Three NEW items will be available next Tuesday, February 16th! You can see them here! Check out that glitter tape!
Ready to shop? My store is open 24/7! Don't forget that you'll earn one FREE Sale-a-bration reward for every $50 you spend!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'