I couldn't resist singing that line from Jingle Bells while making this card! The idea to use the trees from Lovely As A Tree (which happens to be my oldest and most used stamp set) came to me while driving to Grandma's house in Wisconsin on Thanksgiving day! The trees were all frosty and well, the rest is history! I came home, tried it and "Voila!", this is what I got! I decided to add some texture to my night sky with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
My White Craft Ink Pad is one of my all time favorites! It just adds such a beautiful touch to any card! Here's a closer look at how I used two edgelits from the Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies.
Dimensions & Directions:
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", folded for card
- Second piece . . . 2" x 5", cut horse and sleigh edgelit close to top edge
- Stamp sentiment with Night of Navy Ink just below the edge
- Night of Navy cardstock . . . 3-3/4" x 5"
- Stamp trees with White Craft Ink (I stamped once in center and then off both edges)
- Emboss with Softly Falling Embossing Folder (you may need to wipe out your folder if you do this right away as the white ink takes a while to dry)
- Adhere to card front
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper . . . 1-1/4" x 3"; (Time saving tip: I was making multiple of this card so I cut a 3" x 12" strip. After I cut one, I turned the edgelit 180 degrees, cut another and had my paper trimmer handy so I could cut the second one away and repeat til I used the entire strip)
- Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere the trees to the back side of the white strip on the right end.
- Adhere scene to Night of Navy layer with Dimensionals
This card could easily be used as a winter birthday or thank you as well by simply swapping out the greeting!
The Sleigh Ride bundle won't be around for much longer (as well as most of merchandise from the Holiday Catalaog) and of course, you won't want to miss them!
Shop with me online 24/7! (. . . when you do, please select "allow demonstrator to contact me" so I can thank you!) If you select 'No Contact' when you order, I have no contact information for you. So please send me an e-mail.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'