The Curvy Keepsake Box is super easy to assemble and makes an adorable treat or gift holder! I used the new Merry Everything stamp set and Note Tag Punch (Sold in the Holiday catalog as a bundle so you can save 15%!) to make the cute tag to complete this fun project. . . stinkin' cute, huh? I'm seeing other cute boxes in the near future!
The little oak leaf is from the new Autumn Wooden Elements . . . more cuteness . . . and the new Natural & Old Olive Two-Tone Trim added the perfect touch for a stem and tendrils to my pumpkin . . . don't you think?
Here are some tips for making this project:
- You'll need two 6 x 6 pieces of cardstock so you can cut out two of the curvy keepsakes templates.
- You can get 2 curvy boxes from one 12 x 12 piece of cardstock if you cut it into four 6 x 6 pieces.
- Cover one side of the curvy keepsake template with a piece of scratch paper to mask while you stamp the other side. (HINT: Be sure that your stamp is vertical on all sides, so rotate as you stamp.)
- Rotate 90 degrees. Cover the stamped side with scratch paper while you stamp the second side of the template.
- Repeat these steps on your second template.
- When adhering the bottoms of your templates together, be sure that the matching sides are across from each other. (Use a strong adhesive to secure the bottom. I used Fast Fuse. . . Sticky Strip works great, too!)
- Turn so that stamped sides are on the outside.
- Use a bone folder to gently round each side.
- Fold sides in on score lines.
- Bring sides with small handles in first. (Fold on score lines at base of handle.)
- Slide sides with slots over the handle to close. (No adhesive is necessary.)
Tips for the tag:
I used my Autumn Accents Bigz Die to cut out two leaves. I added the texture to them with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.
I used the stems to create an opening for my twine by adhering them with Tombo Liquid Glue (See photo.) Mini Glue Dots would work, too! I then attached my leaves to my tag so that the opening was above the top of the tag.
You can attach the little Autum Wooden Accent with Linen Thread or simply glue with Tombo Liquid Glue. Either works!
Sharing this pumpkin with you reminds me that a fun offer ends soon . . . September 10th to be exact! If you love crafting and surprises. . . then this is for you!
- A fun craft project will be delivered in your mailbox each month for as long as you choose! Everything you need is in the box! (Makes a great gift, too!)
- Your first two months are half off ($19.95 regular price) when you sign up by September 10th! So you'll save $20!
- You can cancel or put your subscription on hold at any time . . . you're in control!
Click here to learn more or to sign up!
Remember to use the promo code. . . HALFOFF2
Like something you see? You can shop with me online 24/7! (. . . when you do, please select "allow demonstrator to contact me" so I can thank you!)
Happy Monday and Happy Stampin'