In my opinion, whoever was the creative mind behind the Work of Art stamp set is a creative genius! It contains the perfect blend of image stamps and sentiment stamps so it can stand alone on a project or it works well as an accent with other stamps . . . and I feel like an artist when I use it! (I like things that make me look good!)
It stands alone on the card I'm sharing today, which was inspired by an idea I found on Pinterest. I adapted it and this is what I came up with! It's especially fun because it requires only one layer of cardstock!
I colored directly on the zig zag stamp with my Stampin' Write markers to get the different colors on the same stamp. (Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crisp Cantaloupe from the 2013-15 In Colors)
Tips for using markers with your stamps:
- Color all of your colors directly on the rubber side of your stamp (I colored each zig zag strip with a different color.)
- Before stamping, huff on the ink (like when cleaning eye glasses or a mirror).
Hints for stamping this card:
- Place your folded card upside down on your stamping surface, so the bottom is at the top.
- Ink stamp with markers as directed in the tips above.
- Stamp the top set of zig zags first, but they will be on the bottom since your card is upside down.
- Huff on the stamp again without re-inking it, then stamp again just above the first set of zig zags. (You can use a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement or just eyeball it, which is what I did.) You can see through the clear block if using clear mount or peek under the wood block and look at the rubber if using wood mount, which is also what I did.)
- Turn your card right side up and complete with your sentiment and heart.
You could change this card up easily by making up your own color combination and add a different sentiment for a different occasion! I like using greetings llike "Just for You" because I can use it later for most occasions!
I used my Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar Ink Pads to stamp the heart and the greeting, but you could easily use your markers. I was making mulitples for a swap and am making many more for my Convention swaps, so the ink pads just save me time . . . and I already have them!
See something you like? You can shop with me online any time 24/7! (. . . when you do, please select "allow demonstrator to contact me" so I can send you a handstamped "thank you"!)
Til next time . . . Happy Stampin'